View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 09:07 PM

Default 2011 EC300 Street legal in Canada??

Hello new to the forum.
Moved to the Calgary area earlier this year and have been riding in Mclean Creek a fair bit.
Currently running an 09 KTM 530EXC which is street legal but will do anything I ask it to do offroad.Problem is that I am getting older and riding single track that the big pumpkin is a handful in and I get tired alot faster than I like....and thats when I make the mistakes that hurt!!
I absolutely love the ability to hop onto any road and go....legally.
It's something I am not willing to give up but yearn to have something a little lighter and more flickable.
I'm not a big guy either....5'9" and 175lbs
Anyway I was in a bike shop in Okotoks...Seitzco Motorsports and sitting there was a EC300 with all the blinkers,mirrors etc neccessary for street legality.
Suddenly the thought of a street legal from the factory 300cc 2 stroke seems to be very appealing,both from a maintanence and weight/size aspect.
I did not get to talk to salesman as I was in a big hurry so I do not know what the NIVIS actually states,motorcycle or off road only??
Can anybody tell me?
I am probably going to head over there tomorrow and check it out but any info would be appreciated.
Rod