View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2day View Post
Looks like a great day to be out in the woods

Ground appears to be mostly sand or some type of loamy soil? Always interesting to see the different types of terrain folks hit with their bikes - not a ton of elevation or rocks in that area? The trails look fun, good combination of some single track and faster flowing 2-track...is that a designated riding area, or someone's private piece of land?

One side note about the video - lots of wind noise - maybe throw a piece of tape over the mic to help cut down?

I miss that bright thing in the sky - only makes a rare appearance out here this time of year...lol.
90% sand and no rocks. Actually that area has more elevation than anywhere within 50-100 miles. Most everything is flat and sandy (just like Florida). In NJ we NEVER disclose our riding areas on the web (sorry). You have to live here to understand.

I love the terrain. The sand makes it fast, fun, and safer than riding in the rocks. You can drop your bike and unless you hit a tree, it remains relatively unscathed. Imagine falling down at the beach. For example, I have never owned a pipe guard in my life and no one around here uses them. You can rip corners like a pro as the sand just keeps you in place and if you let off the throttle you almost immediately stop. The video does not do justice to the size of the whoops, they can be anywhere from a couple feet to several feet deep and go on for miles. It provides a real workout.

Thanks for watching, got other videos in similar areas if you watch my youtube channel.