Thread: Leatt Brace
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 06:20 PM

Default Leatt Brace

Hi guys,
I picked up a Leatt brace about a month ago. I'll be honest, when I first saw them last season I was a little skeptical about comfort. Sure, the protection looked great, but I was worried I would have very limited mobility.

Well, one of my riding buddies (and sponsor, owner of Main Jet Motorsports) convinced me to give it a try. He's pushing everyone to wear them, even though he's making no money on them (dealer cost is very high compared to the retail price). I bought the Club GPX which is the basic model. In the box there was the brace, 3 different pin sets (small, medium, large), a 17.5° back piece, spare fasteners, extra pads for using longer pins and instructions. It took me about an hour to go through all the instructions then get it fitted with my chest protector and helmet. No modifications to my chest protector (Fox Airframe) were required.

So far I've ridden about 8 hours or more with it on and am very happy with it. I don't notice it at all when riding and the piece of mind is well worth it. The only downsides to it are: I have to wear my enduro jacket/vest underneath the leatt brace and chest protector and it's noticeable when working on the bike on the trail.

Overall, I'd give it a 9/10. I hope someone comes out with an enduro jacket to fit around it now.