View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 08:28 AM

Default Fuel Pump Fuse (A8) on GG450 blowing

Hey Guys,

I got an interesting one for ya. I have a 04 GG450 FSE and everytime I turn my key on to start my bike, the fuse in the right-side panel keeps blowing. The fuel pump "sound" your bike makes when you turn the key on is not there. It is a AC-10 and it is labeled on the plastic connector as "A8". I do not have a wiring diagram for my bike to see where it goes or any other detail about it. All i know is that it blows.

I did notice when I take out the connector and lossen the wire a little bit, then put a new fuse in and turn the key on, the fuel pump "sound" will be there and then I can start the bike. But within 30 seconds of riding it and accelerating, the bike will bog and cut out and then I can't start the bike again and the fuse is blown. When I turn the key on again after that, it just "clicks" and no fuel pump sound.

FYI - the headlight and other lights work fine with the key on, and when I have the technoresearch software and cable hooked up, the tests run all PASS and the battery volts show 12 and no error codes present.

Thanks for all your help! I'm dead in the water without it