View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Administrator

There are no real major issues - they refine a good design every year to make it better...

I would take a look at the new gasgas hard parts catalog - just to get your blood flowing - see this post to download it :

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...14&postcount=5

But, this is what I would do if it were mine....

If it is a 2010, then I assume it has the sachs fork and shock - I would sent to LT-Racing for a revalve... (and yes, he is my best friend, and I am very biased...) www.lt-racing.com

Jetting - get rid of the n1ef needle and go with something else - some use cck to ddk needle available from gofasters or sudco. Others here are trying out n3xx needle from ktm. Be sure to go fatter on pilot and go out more than usual on the air screw (some think 1.5 turns is optimal, but I think better to go more) - like 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 turns and a 42 to 45 pilot. This allows you to crank out the idle a little more to separate the bottom and mid circuits in the carb. To make this carb work really well - send to RB-Designs for his mods. www.rb-designs.com

Chain Guide - throw it away and get something more substantial - tm designworks and BRP both look well done.

Send the cylinder head to RB-Designs to dial in the squish band and compression for your altitude - the bikes have typically come a little "loose" in this area (a tad too much squish) and there is alot to be gained in both efficiency and power by dialing it in. And given Ron's low cost for this mod - there is a very good return on the investment.

If the bikes still come with those flat rim locks - throw them away and pick up some motion pro rim locks.

I like more throttle control in tight woods and would go with a G2 throttle tube with slowest cam.

Add guards - I like the hyde skid plate myself, but haven't used some of the newer ones available - the AXP one in the hards parts catalog looks interesting - also a composite but one option has linkage protection, etc.

And I like radiator braces versus guards to maintain airflow through the radiators - but we get alot of mud here - so I want louvers in front to block mud and minimal obstruction etc.

Everybody has different needs and wants (differing riders, terrain, conditions, etc.) - so their list will vary...

Main thing is to ride and have fun - which you will have no trouble doing on your new bike.

jeff