View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 06:17 AM

I would take that clutch as soon as you can and have a look at it. I had the SAME probs with my "12 300 clutch. It howled, grabbed and screeched since I got it a few months ago. Took clutch apart and 7/11 webbings supports were sheered from the basket fingers and were being chewed in my tranny. The remaining 3 webbings were already cracked and ready to sheer off aswell. I also had a broken tab on one of my fibre plates (probably caused by the broken off webbings).

I had already ordered a Rekluse Clutch Case as my stock case was weeping... but after this discovery, I went ahead and ordered a Rekluse outer basket aswell, and new fibres from Gofasters. I almost decided to just go ahead and order the full EXP Core II but decided to wait.

Now, after roughly 10 hrs of rippin and tearin.....no leaks, grabbiness, howling and no squawking at all.

Not sure why my '12 outer clutch basket was so weak. Some have suggested poor quality control in Spain. A buddy had an 07 300 and never touched a wrench on it for 5 summers and 20 000 kms, except for reg maintanence and an LTR Jetting install....the entire bike was basically bulletproof.