View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambo-trev View Post
You could be right but as I said if the fish and wildlife are sitting next to me chatting and watching me ride away I'm not going to worry to much about this and i'll leave it at that, a simple post with some weekend riding!
You are legal to ride cutlines, and 4x4 indicated on the maps and by signage.

Ill admit, I'm guilty of break a few rules out there once and awhile too, but the general public seems to have forgot, or now being taught that you can ride everywhere again. My friends included. Most of them ride illegal trails again where we stopped for years.

I just have a feeling this will bite us in the ass again, especially with the South Saskchewan coming into play here soon. (this affects southern Alberta, NOT saskatchewan)

If you haven't already, check out RMDRA. It's a not for profit organization with a reasonable membership cost. The big benefit here is they do a TON of work keeping trails maintained, and fight for future trails. For awhile there was a lot of political mess (early and mid 2000's) but in recent years it's been filled with some good people who put a lot of volutneer hours into helping our sport. I will be joining them again now that I'm back and hope to be riding soon. (I dual sport still)