View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 09:49 AM

06 EC 300 ridden in really tight eastern woods (KY, USA) with some old connector dirt roads thrown in. Advanced intermediate rider as far as speed, pretty good as far as going through the rough stuff with 25 years in the saddle. Running the Pirelli MT43 on the rear around 8 psi with IRC heavy tube. Front tire is whatever my buddy that races has sitting around at 12 psi . The trails tire works great most of the time. There are some fast quad trails we sometimes ride that is kind of sandy and its still excellent there. On rocks its like velcro. The Dunlop is slightly stickier but not nearly as durable so its a compromise. Also the Dunlop wants to come off the bead even with 2 rim locks. The tire will last forever, and I mean forever. My son has had one almost a year of regular riding on his 250 and just starting to show a little wear. When the edges get rounded it has little or no effects. Also they are very gentle on the trail, almost too gentle, I cut my own trails and can't seem to ride them down enough to even follow.

Now the downside-if the trails are muddy braking is terrible, you have to adjust your riding style. Also deep mud isn't going to hook up as well. Its getting winter here and turning nasty so I may switch back to a knob. If its dry and not deep sand they are the only way to go.