View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 01:10 PM

Well I took it out yesterday to go find some local lanes. It's been on the optimate but not been started for about a week.

I followed the general rule to key on, listen to the pump prime, then open the throttle for 5 seconds, close the throttle and hit the button - it fired into life like a dream!

I jumped on it and headed out, pulling up at a few road junctions I let it drop onto idle - absolutely perfect.

I found the first lane, not tricky but over grown, first gear just above tickover, the gearing was a little tall but it handled well and didn't feel too heavy. It turned into grassy ruts which it handled nicely, only slight complaint was its a little bit stiff on the suspension.

Back on the road and it goes well, really well, a quick run through the gears and 60mph comes quickly.

I stopped it a couple of times whilst opening gates, every time I patiently followed the same startup regime, and it rewarded me by instantly firing into life.

I spent just over an hour playing before heading for home, I was cold and it was raining, but the satisfaction was immense!