Thread: The Fleet
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 08:19 AM

So the bike is done, almost. Got it together and it rode great. My son did pretty good. We rode Pedlar. There were a lot of firsts for him. First time on a dirt bike, let alone a peaky 125 2T. First time on anything with a clutch. First time with foot shift (his quad was e-shift). He did pretty awesome. Started to learn to slip the clutch a little

I flogged it at the end of the day after he was easy on it all day on the “break in”. I was really happy. I know why people like the vibration dampeners on the bars. It’s been about 25 years since I’ve ridden a 2T. The suspension did great. Soaked up the 5’-6’ jumps without bottoming. I did run it pretty quick into the corners downshifting with lots of braking and coming out hard on the throttle. I need to work on my clutch work it was pretty bad. I heated up the front brake enough to boil the fluid and lock it up. I tried making it back to the parking lot slowly as I didn’t have any tools on me. I made it to just before the gate and the left turn in the loose gravel pushed the front tire out and I wrecked. Overall I’m very impressed with this bike. We’ll get years of service out of it. Just going to fix the front brake and replace the bars I bent. And a little post ride maintenance and be good to go.
These are pictures after the ride so it’s a little dirty. It needs a kickstand too.

Calebs first ride.
http://youtu.be/m3pmHa9qauE

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife