View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1956 View Post
I think he is saying his '15 came with a ASI and that it was better than his '11 ASII .......maybe
Not all 15's had AS1 carbs though.

I had a 10 (worked to Nambo/Cervantez spec), 13 with custom head, revalved shock and KYB SSS forks, access to my dealers 15 250R (now owned by a friend/forum member), and spent 4 hours the past weekend chasing my dealer around while he self demo'd his 17 250R.

I didn't ride his 17, but his thoughts were that his 17 felt very nice. With 42 NEDW#2, 175 it ran like a champ. He got 110kms of mixed terrain without hitting reserve on the stock engine, fuel consumption on par with my 2013 with head mod. His suspension to him felt slightly plusher than his 15 model, and he loved that suspension.

I have rode his previous 15, and thought it was nice. Clearly felt smaller and more refined than my 13 model.

To me, anything from 13 onward is worlds ahead of the 11 earlier chassis. In a different league. I loved my 10 model, and never once thought it was lacking or holding me back, but after possession of the 13 I only had eyes for the new girl... who no longer looks anything like new.