View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto9 View Post
I'm on the fence about tublis...I really want to try it but I'm a little weary.
We get way back in the jungle and I'd hate to have any tire issues there.
I can get a trials tire down to 4psi with a UHD tube and still not worry about flatting...Ok worry a little!
But since we have been getting so much rain this year the trails have become very muddy and I think I need to switch back to a knobby until things dry up a little.
I could always break out the tire groover.
MX31 and tublis huh?
The beauty of the Tubliss is that if you do get a flat, it stays solidly beaded to the rim.
My brother in law was running a worn out front tire recently, he tore a side knob and flatted out about 1/3 of the way into a ride. He was able to ride with a flat for 25 more miles with no ill effects. We swapped bikes at one point, and I was not bothered much by the flat, it didn't squirm, nor did it get unpredictable. It did worry me when I saw square edged stuff, so I was lofting the front over stuff a bit more.

Bottom line, as long as you don't wear your tires into complete degredation before you swap them, you aren't likely to get a flat, though I've thought about getting a tubless tire plug kit to carry, 'cause if we'd have had that, we would have been able to just air his tire right back up.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs