View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 11:59 AM

We put an LTR Power-valve cover on my son's '05 EC200, and it seemed to help the bottom end response noticeably. Are you cleaning the left side
PV bearing and the area behind the cover regularly? This routine item seems to help the off idle response and the bottom end at least as much as the aftermarket cover - so much so, that we've
been pulling the cover and cleaning the PV after almost every ride (we use a little mineral spirits or WD-40 and a soft bristle brush and just scrub the whole thing very thoroughly). I'm not sure why this helps, but my theory is that the carbon deposits tend to gum up the PV bearing, thus slowing or retarding the action of the PV.

Also, how's your jetting? Our bike was four sizes too rich in the pilot, rich in the needle and lean in the main compared to the jetting we currently run
(#42 pilot, LTR #1 needle; clip in the middle position (very close to an NOZF) and a #180 main - but we're riding pretty much at sea level). After we got the jetting worked out, the bike pulled stronger everywhere.