View Single Post
Old 08-18-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannesd View Post
i plan on adjusting the play with a better quality bushing made to fit better/the least play possible, in case the bearings are still in good shape.
the more play, the more everything gets hammered. so no play+ grease and a harder bushing should last longer.
or maybe you're pressure washing that grease out of the bushings or riding alot of deep mud or crossing waters?
Now that I have read what ECRider wrote I am not so sure that the play comes from the linkage. But yes, better quality bushings would be great. Unfortunately I could not find anyone who was willing to machine some for me for a reasonable price. I found better aftermarket bearings from SKF and also the seals are available from SKF.

I found play on all 4 Gassers in my garage. I found play on my GP that did not get cured fully by replacing the linkage bearings. On my friends GP I found play after 80 hours and that was cured by replacing the rocker arm bearings, the one in the wishbone was ok.
On both my 300's I had play from day one. On the first one the play did not go fully away after replacing the bearings.

No, I use a pressure washer but it is a low pressure system from K?rcher and if I blow off dirt from the linkage I really take care not to get too close... That is not the reason. I suspect the shock... but we will see.