View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 03:06 PM

Angry txt 280 2000 model wont start

Need some advice, bought a gas gas 280TXT 2 weeks ago it is a 2000 model. It was running when I bought it and it looked a nice bike for the year, Got the bike home and changed the oil as the last owner said it was probably due an oil change. I kicked it over to warm the bike up before going out on it straight after an oil change, Drove up the road going through the gears at a slow steady pace then all of a sudden the bike died. I have spent a full week looking over the bike, changing spark plug and cap also changed the coil to a fully brand new one, checked carb and all is good and plug is wet after kicking and also replaced air filter with a brand new one. I removed the fly wheel and cleaned inside the case then replaced with a brand new gasket. I have checked all earths and have cleaned with contact cleaner also disconnected the kill switch but has never started since cutting out. It?s as if it ran out of fuel but it is getting fuel still as nothing is blocked and im at a total loss with the bike.