View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 10:37 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

first two times mine came loose I loctited th bolt in a just slightly loose position to allow th stand to operate freely.both times loose after a ride or two.last time I actually nipped it up so th bolt was a little tight slightly pinching th stand and loctited th crap out of it.it hasn't come loose for 20 or so rides now.stand drags when operated but on th plus side it doesn't self retract into ur shin.the design problem is th bolt lacks support on th frontside so rocks in th thread,working loose,allowing stand to slide outwards on bolt thread.even a mm gap at back of stand increases th leverage on th bolt eventually bending it(like bending steel rod in a vise its hard to bend right at vise,but easier further out).my thinking was that th bolt has to be tight all th time to prevent th rocking.so far its working, albeit with quite a stiff stand action(maybe it will wear loose and leav th bolt tight?yeah right).th only proper fix is an outer flange welded to frame(aargh!yikes!)that supports th bolt head and allowing th bolt to be held true and properly tight while th stand is free to move.th stand head is also too small and sinks at th hint of soft ground.small metal lid off pasta sauce about 2in rnd under foot is handy conversation starter.fits in ur pocket.mind th self retract tho,or it will flick it 20yds behind u past ur m8's face.