View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 09:29 AM

I've never heard of a timekeeper but after some searching it seems that they involve keeping an average speed over the event. The ISDE is similar in that you start on a minute and you are penalised if you go through a checkpoint early or late. But I don't believe that they are concerned about average speeds.

If you get to a checkpoint early you can just stop a little before it and have a rest, have something to eat, refuel your bike or do some work on your bike until it's your minute. Then you can just push your bike up to the checkpoint, get your card marked, and then continue on to the next one. There are no resets. If you arrive 5 mins late to a checkpoint then your minute changes to that new minute and you continue on at that new minute. If you lose 60 minutes during a day then you have houred out for that day and have to stop for the day.

Plus of course there are a number of special tests every day that are timed to the second and added onto your score. The rider with the quickest time/lowest score at the end of the event is the winner. That's my understanding of how it all works anyway.