View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 01:43 PM

Default Crossroads Series Race Report

I decided sometime around 10:30 last night that I was going to check out the Crossroads series this morning. This is a brand new series in the Mid-west this year and it is getting great reviews. They claim 25% motocross, 25% GP, 25% Enduro Cross, and 25% Hare Scramble. This is exactly what it is. The course was short at just over 3 miles.
So back to the race report. Like I said I decided at 10:30 lastnight that I was gonna race the a.m. Race which started at 8:00 a.m. Sharp. So first thing this morning I rolled my bike out of the garage and noticed I had a flat front tire! No worries it's Tubliss I will just plug it, after 20 minutes of searching I can't find my plugs. So I load up and figure on stopping at a little gas station I know of on the way to pick up an el cheapo plug kit. So I finally roll in at 7:15 armed with my $4 plug kit and I run to registration Nd get signed up. 7:30 I am desperately trying to get one of these piece of junk rubber plugs to hold. 7:45 Finally! I get one to stick.....kind of. So now it's time to get dressed. 8:01 I am dressed and on the bike headed to the start line. I hear the first row take off!!! When I rolled through the entrance to the start row 4 gets the green flag (oh no this is my row!!!) so I just hammer it and try to catch up. I start making my way up through the pack and all the sudden at the end of lap 2 the ol Gasser gets REAL loud. I lost my silencer. Screw it I am here to race and that's what I am gonna do! By the end of lap 5 I am up to 3rd and everyone within a 100 yards of the course is deaf. All the sudden the front end dives real hard in a corner and the steering gets real heavy. Plug didn't hold! Screw it I am here to race. So I keep pounding out laps and I am feeling good. Actually I was riding better than I have all year, flat tire, loud bike and all. At the end of lap 9 I am in second and gaining on the leader fast I had his lead down to 19sec. I just ran out of time though and took the checkers on lap 10. So I finished 2nd in Vet C and 17 of 64 overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk