View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 05:01 AM
Site Sponsor

2007 ec300

i 've had several gg motors stripped to the cases, and am pretty darn sure there's no bearing that small. by my rough calculation, it would have to be on an approx. 4mm shaft. the only thing that small is pv actuator pivot linkage and i know that just rides in a bushing/no roller bearing.

A: bought bike used.
B: this is my first oil change on this bike - only had bike for 2 weeks - the only thing i've done to the motor is : change pv cover, change exhaust, add fww, and change spark plug. so there's no way it got in there from that way.
C: previous owner must have dropped it in oil filler hole. there is no other way for it to get in there. it would not fit through the clutch cover, unless the clutch was removed. it appears the clutch is all original and never been serviced (as far as i can tell)

D: sometimes there's just no rational explanation for things......

it's a tiny little bearing, i've never seen any roller bearing this small in any motorcycle. it does look like an rc car micro bearing.

i'm flushing the trans, and putting it back together. bike ran great with the bearing bits flopping around in the trans i've looked into trans with tiny inspection mirror, flashlight, etc. and i see no damage. the oil wasn't even sparkly when i drained it. i'm more worried about the tiny 1mm bearings, the cage and stuff is big enough to end up on the oil drain plug. them tiny bearings could stay in suspension...... and they are magnetic bearings, thankfully.

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com