View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 06:01 PM

Talking Demo ride impressions

PlusOnePerformance had a GasGas demo ride today in Battle Creek Michigan.
The bikes were an EC250 and 300 plus a 250fse powered by Yamaha.
I am 5'7" and a 160lbs ready for battle.The course was mostly MX track with some grass track and semi tight trail. Rode the 250fse first, the bike felt well planted in all the turns. The forks and rear shock worked very well everywhere. The motor was not uncorked and it felt a little underpowered. I do not know the weight of the bike but it was as easy to maneuver around the course, like my own 05 GG 250DE. The EC300 was wicked awesome, that thing scared the crap out of me. The 300 was fast and handled great. Suspension and braking gave excellent feed back and soaked up the few flat landings I did on the track. The motor is very crisp with no hesitation just get up and go and that was in rain mode. I don't think I would buy either bike. Ones too slow and the other too fast. The other riders were giving most of the rave to the EC250 saying it was the best everywhere. I am thinking of a 200. Steve Beane of PlusOnePerformance mentioned there might be a 200 out there. I will have to sleep on that. My 05 250 is up for sale but I believe that will change.