View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricknaz View Post
Embalmer, unless your sprag is severely worn I would put money on the torque limiter being the problem. As a reference point, HERE is a ducati sprag that was unable to start the engine. You will notice that the spring that holds the sprag together is completely destroyed. You can also see that there is severe wear on the inner race(the sleeve on the drive sprocket). If yours isn't as bad as that one then I will guarantee that the torque limiter is the culprit.

Don't do what I did and put it together with all new parts only to find that there was nothing wrong with your original sprag.

Unfortunately you will have to put it all back together to test the torque limiter.
Well, I'm pretty sure that the sprag is my problem And EC400 sprag is different than Ducati or DRZ sprag. It doesn't have that spring descriped on that ducati threat but instead it has a small spring on each "tooth"(you can see one of them in the middle of the "cage").

Here's a picture to show why I'm so sure that sprag is causing my problem :

It was in that shape when I opened it up, only couple of tooth were still on their place. And before anyone wonders why it's in such a bad shape, it has a lot to do last summers engine brakedown.