View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg3 View Post
Tricky when you don't know what previous owners have been up to!
Things to check if not already done.
Choke- is it closing off fully.
Power Valve- it had a top end done.If not re-assembled correctly & operating smoothly it will give you all sorts of misleading power feed back.
Pilot circuit- Should be easy to sort that out.As Jeff suggested,back idle screw out,get it up to operating temp & play with air screw to get most responsive.If it makes no change,change pilot jet & try again.The one you have should be about right or richer.
I did the top end myself and gave the powervalve a clean while i was at it. Afterwards i started the bike with the right hand powervalve cover off to check it and when i revved the bike i could see it opening and closing so dont think thats the issue.
Haven't noticed any issues with the choke seems to operate as normal but may be worth checking
As far as jetting goes i am convinced it must be something wrong with my carb as when i put the n3eg on clip 1 which is on the lean side of things and it still seems a bit rich on it

F5 has kindly sent his spare carb in the mail so if that works then we know the carb body is the issue