View Single Post
Old 08-18-2023, 06:02 PM

Default Jetting for 2007 EC300 - something isn't right

Hi everyone,

I am currently struggling to understand what's going on with my bike. It runs well enough to ride but something is definitely off.

So I live in Colorado and usually ride around 8k-10k elevation, 60-80 defF. When I got the bike a year ago it was clearly jetted for lower altitude. Been trial and erroring it, it still feels very rich despite running very lean jets. On my pwk38 I am running a 30 pilot, 155 main, needle in lowest position, air screw 3 turns out, and it still starts very easy and gives a fair bit of spooge and gets very poor mileage, even at lower elevation near Denver (~5800 ft). It has okay torque down low but lacks the snap I feel on other 300s of a similar vintage, and bogs hard near the top of the midrange, won't get over ~6.5k revs or so without clutch work.

I recently redid the top end (piston and rings, cylinder looked decent) and that helped but did not solve. Also have a new fmf turbinecore 2 silencer so exhaust packing is a non-issue. Air filter is clean and in good shape. Am I missing something?

Let me know what you all think! Not sure if it matters but I mix 40:1, and after replacing the silencer most of the spooge comes from the vent tube on the side of the cylinder near the exhaust port.