View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 09:58 PM

Kyle, in SC it was easy. Used the MCO to get a title and then registered them, an EC 300 and FSE 450.
It seems you are not going to get lucky like that so trust me here, make sure you have the required insurance. I have insured all my bikes including the off road only race bikes, with the Green Lizard for next to nothing. My 4 wheeler has liability insurance from another company.

The deal is this, in SC the ONLY ticket that can take your license and screw you to tears is riding without insurance on the road. A 4 wheeler or dirt bike will do it to you if caught, even on a public dirt road.

W/O going into details, I've been told by a Trooper that insurance on my CR250R would probably save my ass on the dirt roads or crossing over or a short ride down a paved road.

I put XR250L emblems on my CR250R and took the tag off the XR and stuck on the CR. I built an LED headlight and taillight that ran off batteries. Neither was useful but they both glowed! I figured I'd never get stopped and if I did the cop would not know or care about anything except the insurance, which was for the CR and I also had the XR insured. I had both registrations......I would claim the thing was the XR but if numbers were checked I had a policy on the CR as well Yea, they'd have been pissed but I'd not lose my license

Swapping tags will cost you money in SC but not your license. Driving w/o insurance will ruin your life!
Hope this helps.
Ed

'05 450 FSE
'04 EC300
Street legal and tagged
Search for the wife's new bike has ended, lowered the 450 and 300....she's got a choice now! We're good!

Last edited by houndog; 09-01-2014 at 10:01 PM. Reason: syntax