View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 06:43 PM

Thank you for the reply.
I did remove the arrestor on the muffler and it seems to have increased the top end a bit. I was just surprised first to notice than to measure the differences between the DRZ aftermarket pipe and the stock GG pipe. I have not gone thru the parts lists for the later models but last night the thought hit me about whether or not GG increased the pipe size for the 500cc version.

I looked at both pipes again today and with out a doubt I could mount the DRZ pipe to the GG. Not that it would fit as it should but the bikes are so closely related that with a little baling wire I would at least be able to give it a riding test.

As i mentioned above, I did find the muffler part # for the GG but nothing on any pipes.

One thing I will mention is that throughout the power curve the GG was quicker than the DRZ but with the arresters in place on both bikes, and both bikes having a 41t sprocket, the top speed for the DRZ was higher than for the GG. That difference, I just chalked up to the pipe and muffler.

Thanks for the reply,
Tony