View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 04:56 AM

I prefer 2-strokes but bought the GasGas 4-stroke figuring it would be easier to register and it came w/ blinkers, brake lights, horn, headlight w/hi-lo and tail light so I figured I could do some light road riding too. I was looking at the Cannondale also, I wanted to try fuel injection and buy American but the GasGas had a back-up kick starter.

If I was going to by a 4-stroke again I'd go with the Husky 450 because they made it very easy to register and are known for making good motors. The GasGas is perfect for trail riding tight trails and creeping up nasty hills and light road riding, I was working the WEC in Hancock with it and had to do a lot of on and off road riding. But the way GasGas has the bike set-up is the kick starter can ONLY be used to assist the electric start when the battery gets low. Major disappointment, waay too easy to get stuck in the woods and very very very hard to register with the funky VIN#.

A guy I was setting up the trails with had a KTM 450 and when his battery went (alot of stopping and starting) the kickstarter worked flawlessly, gotta keep on top of the valves though on a 4-stroke.
Takes a while getting used to the engine braking and the weight and the heat, sucks riding on a hot day riding a hot bike and drinking hot water from your Camelback.