View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INABIL
But the way GasGas has the bike set-up is the kick starter can ONLY be used to assist the electric start when the battery gets low. Major disappointment, waay too easy to get stuck in the woods.

A guy I was setting up the trails with had a KTM 450 and when his battery went (alot of stopping and starting) the kickstarter worked flawlessly, gotta keep on top of the valves though on a 4-stroke.
Takes a while getting used to the engine braking and the weight and the heat, sucks riding on a hot day riding a hot bike and drinking hot water from your Camelback.
Who told you that? With all that constant starting while working the course just kick the bike a few starts until the battery is charged again. You don't have to e-start the bike until the battery dies, it's one of the easiest starting 4 strokes, just kick at it like a 2 stroke. As for the GG450 being a hot bike, most of the heat you feel is the radiator fan blowing hot air away from the radiator, something most other bikes don't have along with a recovery tank. I've owned this bike for a year and haven't been stuck in the woods one time, even when the stator went bad, I just rode back to the truck on battery juice. Also, the stator is the ONLY thing that has broke on this bike and since GG's aren't known for unreliable stators I just took it as a freak failure.