View Single Post
Old 08-13-2006, 03:43 PM

Talking next bike

hi matt. i'm a newly reg. member on ggrider. sorry for no cap. letters. i just had rotator cuff and carpal tunnel surgery on my right side thurs. the 10th. can't lift my right hand yet.
before deciding on a 500cc motor, take one more look at the '05 gasgas450. i commute to work on it with stock gearing. it does 60 easy on hiway and has plenty left over to get around problem driver's. and it is so light and flickable in the woods.
my last ride for sometime was weds. eve. before surgery the next day. ted and i road one of the many single tracks in our neiborhood. after we were done we traded bikes. his is an '05 ktm450. great bike.
he's much more experienced than me, but made the comment; now i know why i could'nt keep up with u. he said that when he rolled the throttle on it was instant without being harsh. and that my gg was quite a bit faster than his.
it doesn't have the engine breaking your talking about because of the slipper clutch.
this bike is sold as a dualsport in wash. state and the dealet took care of all necessary paper work. i got a great buy on it too. brand new '05 model. plus an extra fmf forest/sound approved muffler.
for commuting, i will throw a smaller counter sprocket on when the doc. say's ok to ride. this bike will then go as fast as u need without the rev's. and it is quick. then when u get to the riding area, a quick sprocket switch and 5 min. later and your roosting.
everyone in my area ride mostly 4 strokes. probly because the mountains are in our yards and it's pavement to trail.
also i installed a clark 2.8 natural tank. if your gonna be going farther, i read somewhere that there is a 4gal. after market tank floating around somewhere.
i also love the fact that i don't have to ever worry about jetting again....
my xr440r was a biiiitch to get dialed in. still not spot on.
plus i was able to cut my hebo's down 7/8's each side and raise bar's up with tusk? spacer's, which allowed me to install fastway barkbuster's.
the only thing u have to do to the gg is disconnect the yellow/blue wires which makes it run way too lean and overheat.
i'm hoping u will get this bike also because most of u guy's seem to ride 2 strokes, and i've got alot of questions. it has been very difficult to squeeze info. out of 4stroke gasgases. especially '05 and newer.
so since u already approve of gg in the 2 stroke form, why not give the 4 stroke gg a whirl? bob\
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1