Thread: Full auto
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
The way it was explained to me by an expert is that the cases would have to be totally different from what the current engines are like so I don't think you would have options of manual or auto but I don't know, honestly. I think all of the bugs of the old Husky could be fixed. I know it would be more expensive but hopefully no more than adding a Core EXP.
DOn't even think this is something GG or Sherco is contemplating. I am asking for personal rreasons.

I've been riding bikes with auto clutches for 6 years. Husky WR125 with an EFM was my first. I was a real doubter, especially with a 125, but it works. The EFM worked well with the 125, because it had full clutch lever action, which the old Rekluse didn't. I have an EXP in my Husaberg TE250.

I tried Husky Autos back in the day, but stuck to a 6 speed, as benefits didn't balance out the problems. I'm suprised Husky didn't try to get disc brakes front and rear on this bike sooner, like a Rokon.

How can small companies afford the extra tooling for these limited number of engine cases? Husaberg 70 degree engine is gone, supposedly because KTM doesn't want to bear the costs of keeping the existing or upgrading the tooling. Husky paid for the auto tooling with Swedish Military bike contracts. NATO going to buy GG Autos?

That said, I think the auto clutch is the perfect compromise. a gear for every situation and an auto clutch to smooth things out. Rokon and Husky proved that fully auto bikes (in two different flavors) will never gain wide acceptance. The amount of riders who rode autos in the day, was never even close percentage wise, to numbers running auto clutches today.