View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 10:40 AM

I went from an '06 GG to a '13 husaberg te, which as most know is more or less a ktm 300 exc. It was the opposite to what I expected. I really like the WP suspension, especially with the shock professionally lowered (shorter shaft) and the forks dropped in the clamps. However I found the TE300 engine disappointing, it seems low on power. Had two motorcycle engineers that must have nearly 100 years mainly dirt bike experience between them go through it and just couldn't find anything wrong. Couldn't get a 38mm lectron to work properly at all, although it was a bit better with a 38mm PWK (36 standard). The power just seems really soft, even with the 'scary' pv spring wound right out. Even got outdragged by an old crf 250 4 stroker out of a muddy corner on some sticky going the other week. It's not the end of the world as I'm not a competitive rider, but even my EC200 seemed more lively, don't know if they are all like that. My '06 EC300 was much more powerful despite being able to do a much better job of jetting now than I could when I had the EC. Will be going to a 2018+ EC300 when I can bring myself to spend the money.