View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 06:30 PM

Default 2012 ISDE Six Days - 2012 Bike Prep Questions

Hi All,

I am heading over to Saxony for the ISDE in a couple weeks, my friend is competing for Team Canada and I am his support person.

We were just going through a bunch of things today, and as he'll be riding a 2012 GG250 (His bike at home is a 2011 EC250), we had a couple questions for those of you riding them now.

The elevation for the racing should be 1200ft ASL and I would imagine up from there, but nothing very high as far as we can tell so far. Temps look to be between 10C and 20-24C during the days.

I run the NECJ/NEDJ needles in my KTM at between 500ft and 4000ft here and they work beautifully. We're going to need to re-jet this rental bike when we get there, and I was just wondering if any of you would have a decent starting point for us to work from?

The ISDE incorporates a lot of long road/double track sections, then very tight and technical Special Stages. It's important the bike is able to wind out on the roads, but not be too rich in the tight stuff.

I would appreciate it if anyone can give us a starting point as we'll only have about three days with the bike before impound.

Also, is there anything that are "must do's" on the bike from new? We're bringing all our own skid plates, bark busters, rad guards, pegs, etc, etc. But are there any little corrections that need to be made? This bike will be run 7-8hrs/day for five of the six days and we need it to be sorted out right from the word "go."

Thanks for the input... I'll be taking plenty of photos and will try to get them up here when I get back.

g

Last edited by Graham; 09-01-2012 at 09:26 PM.