Thread: Nat. Enduro
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 03:52 PM

Default Sumter Nat'l

Hi all – new to this forum, but wanted to chime in on yesterday’s race. It was great meeting Billy and Jim this weekend and I expect we’ll see some super results for GasGas from them this season. As Billy mentioned, Mark from GoFasters took care of all the GasGas riders and there seemed to be significant interest in the bikes from everyone who came by.

I too am kinda sore today – that was one whooped out sand race! 9th in class was not what I hoped for at the opening round of the season, but unfortunately had a freak thing happen in the first section that took me way too long to diagnose. The ignition wire terminal unplugged itself from the coil and no more spark! An easy fix, but nevertheless, a lesson learned the hard way and I spent the rest of the day trying to claw my way back from last place in class!

Other than the little problem early on, the bike was perfect. Plenty of smooth power and exceptional torque to pull taller gears in the sand and whoops. Handling was spot on too – so looking forward to the next round.

Thanks also to Aiken Motorcycle Sales in Aiken, SC for the clothing deal for this race and to Jason Griffin (2006 AMA Sportsman of the year) for pitting for me in SC.

Curt Comer
GG EC300
GG TX280