Thread: 2018 gasgas
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 10:55 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockytoptenn View Post
Too me it seems like the only bikes the magazines like are KTMs so I never know how to take these articles.
One of my friends nicknamed that magazine KTMrider. You could hand those guys a perfect motorcycle and it wouldn?t be as good as any KTM they?ve ever ridden.

As for your Beta question... I like Beta. But suspension is their downfall right now. I?ve also seen too many of their oil injection systems fail to trust it. So I?d run premix anyways. But everything else about them seems well thought out and well built. I?ve ridden a bunch of them. Including a 480rr quite a bit. They aren?t bad bikes. The handling feels neutral, better imo than the KTM front end. I found without extensive suspension work the handling was hard to read. Whereas the Gasser feels very confident.

I really do believe the GasGas is the best smoker on the market right now. That may change in years to come. Who knows, but for ?18/?19 I haven?t ridden anything that felt so good, and I?ve ridden everything except the new sherco?s because they aren?t available in Canada.