Thread: 2019 ec300 fuel
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 04:36 PM

Further improvements to the 300 have been made...
1. Fitted a S3 head with the standard insert, this has made the bike ride really smooth and for lugging around technical stuff its brilliant...
2. Gear box oil, tried ATF it made a small improvement in clutch feel but it was still noisy and hard to find neutral, so tried 5/30 fully synthetic, its made the gear box nice and quiet, gear change positive and neutral slips in, great feel to the clutch in general now...
3. Power valve noise on decents and when trundling along road sections, so I have striped the power valve out and found alot of sideways movement so I made a stainless shim, placed it on the water pump side of the barrel, I basically halved the play in the valve and boy what a difference its made its quiet as a mouse now...
4. Replaced the exhaust O rings on the barrel the factory ones are rubbish also one of factory rings I removed I placed in the exhaust where it meets the barrel..
The bike is so good now its a joy to ride, it sounds so good everyone comments how good it sounds when its on the pipe and it goes like rocket when needed and then smooth and torquey on the rocky stuff...
O one more thing I have put a 49T rear sprocket its brilliant...