View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:09 AM

Not sure what to say. I would use an ammeter to so see if I could locate the current leak. With the constant on speedo it would have some draw but not enough the drain the battery even if not started for a month.

I've gone thru a number of batteries with my GGs. I did switch from the stock battery to the YTZ 7S. I'ts slightly larger and it is a tight fit. I actually removed the battery boxes and drilled new holes in them to slightly lower the battery so they would fit the subframes a bit easier.

Another thing about the batteries is that all the batteries that failed were off brand batteries. Most wouldn't hold a charge after a few months. One failed internally on some fire roads. The internal connection
separated at the + terminal. The only battery that did not fail is the Yuasa. After 3 years it's still going strong.

I do have the original software to set up the CDI but their's not much to adjust and the adjustments I did make didn't seem to have any effect on cold starting.

If you want, I could go out and remove my seat and let you know what normal battery drain should be.

My thoughts on carbing the GG was to either use a DRZ CDI or to lwork with defeating the EFI but still use the GG CDI.

If someone was making a carb kit for the GG it would be interesting to see how they solved that problem.

In all the posts I've read re: early GG starting I don't remember any post indicating that anyone had no problem with cold starting.

I can always get a pretty quick start using wide open throttle but every time I start it that way I always wonder how many more times can I start it this way before the motor destroys itself on startup.

Tony