View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 02:34 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

How did it go, slow2learn? Found the problem?

My '05 FSe did an odd thing yesterday. After running it hard for an hour, I loaded into my hauler and went home. It sat in the truck a couple of hours and cooled down. when I unloaded it and hit the e-button to get it up the driveway into the garage it just wouldn't start. Fuel pump was priming, starter turned very good.

Tried the button in short burst for a minute or so, then gave up and pushed the bike up into the garage. Did a few more tries, still dead. Also tried to cycle the ignition on and off a couple of times, no luck. Turned off ignition and took the key out, and also pulled up the stering lock key which had fallen down beside the instrument and the horn. It is attached to the ignition key with a piece of nylon rope. Now I inserted the ignition key, turned it on and the bike fires right up at the touch of the e-button.

Could the steering lock key have shortened the unconnected stop button harness?
Weird. And when it started it did not at all appear to be flooded, which would be normal after so many starting attempts if there were no spark.(unless the ECU turns of both spark and injector at the touch of the stop button..)

[edit] it turns out my bike does not have the stop button wiring (as it says in the wiring diagram). I hate intermittent problems.

Last edited by bergerhag; 07-30-2008 at 04:26 AM.