View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 02:16 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergerhag View Post
Try this: Ignition on, open trottle fully, hit starter buttom with trottle still open. This only works good with engine cold.

I had similar experiences with my '05, found that spark was lost while starter turned the engine. When I released the e-button, I would get irratic sparks.
It was possible to kick start the bike, but it wouldn't fire using the e-starter.

When I measured battery voltage while starter was running, I only had 9V at the battery poles. What happened was that the voltage dropped so low that the efi stopped working. The problem in my case was a slightly damaged starter engine, which made the turning a little harder, and the starter used more current, pulling the voltage down.

And, opening the throttle with engine stopped isnt gonna do a thing for you. The EFI runs the pump to set up proper system pressure, but there will be no injects until the engine cranks.

Awesome. I will give that starting tip a shot tonight. I also went ahead and bought the Techno Research VDST software and cable. Can't wait to get that and hook it up to my ECU, and get the fuel trim fixed up and TPS reset .

You know any of the settings for the VDST program I should use when tuning the FI?

Thanks!

Crankin04