View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
I don't know, my setup is pretty tight and on the edge for pump fuel and piston looked perfect when I had the jug off. Perhaps it's just a result of jetting being a bit crisp for the setup.
I think this plays a part too Glenn. I think that the 175 main with the Yamaha needle was cutting it really fine. Couple that up with my riding continuing to improve and more time spent in that rev range and its pretty likely. The needle clip position is definitely in its ideal position. At half a clip richer the bike loses snap and doesn't want to stand up as much when coming onto the pipe. Noticably decreased performance. The pilot circuit I have been running a bit on the richer side for torque.

The other consideration is that the bike fell totally flat in the top end coming home at the end of the last ride. Enough to make me decide I wanted to pull it down. It was having issues idling, either stalling or racing when adjusting the idle speed. On pull down I noticed a weeping main seal on the stator side. Was this enough to allow for a hot run? Who knows? If you know a way to ascertain which it was I'm happy to investigate further, otherwise I'm going to assume it was a result of all of the above. I'll probably drop comp a touch more, as well as fattening up the main jet a size or two.