View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Lets keep the time Keeper going people!

All right GasGasMan get out that lawn chair and hold on!

What is your opinion on keeping Time keeper enduros alive and well, and why you feel the way you do.

Here is my 2 cents on this much debated issue:
Why not keep it going at the National and local levels. There are National Enduro Champions from years gone by in the record books and now that the format has been changed to ISDE style rules and to keep adding records to that list is wrong IMHO, they might as well add an asterisk next to the name of racer who is the champ from now on.

If your club, the AMA or what ever association wants to add a ISDE formated National or local race or series, DO IT! It only benefits the racers and off road motorcycle industry. Don't take away one and replace with another form of racing. I know land issues are becoming a problem to put on long mileage events as in the past but there are still plenty of areas to hold a series across this country.

Many racers now days would rather not think while they ride just react and I do understand this, but that is part of what makes the timekeeper tough, even with a computer. As the day rolls on and you get more fatigued your brain usually also loses some of its sharpness resulting in mistakes, or bad judgment of the rules. So yes in the end as some argue the fastest racer may not win, but I'll tell you what, the racer with the best over all endurance, most prepared, and a guy thats no slouch on a dirt bike is gonna win.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!