View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd View Post

I don't think the question is whether the timekeeper enduro should die. It has terminal cancer and will die soon. The longer you try to hold on to it - the more you pull the whole sport of off-road motorcyle riding down with it.

jeff
Wow thats a pretty imminent outlook. I disagree, but thanks for taking the time to voice your opinion.

Don't get me wrong I love the ISDE format and believe it can only help improve U.S. six days riders who compete with the World. But I don't believe there isn't room or interest for Time Keepers anymore, let alone believe that a computer does all your thinking for you. Even if it did, the pace that these modern Timekeepers are held at these days makes it very difficult to maintain the speed average wile negotiating the terrain and reading a little screen on your bouncing bike. There is an art to this style of racing IMO.

We have had a resurgence of interest in our local enduro series here and people have come here from all over the west just to check em out. States as far away as, Montana, Idaho, Oregon, California to name a few. Our attendance has grown steadily over the past 5 seasons with local hero's like Jason Dahners and Paul Neff competing regularly, and non enduro guys like Chris Blais and Jonah street coming to check em out in the not so distant past.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!