View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I figured this topic had already been discussed here in depth in late 2006 when the National format was changed, but was looking for more feedback as our 2 series up here are thinking about possible changes in the future. Not in 2008 but maybe 2009.
Comp. license holders got a extensive survey and the results were discussed at last nights awards banquet. Possibility's are adding ISDE events to our Timekeeper enduro series, ISDE formats are currently a part of our off road series. Dropping Timekeepers, or leaving the series the way it is.

I think thats great you stepped up and are putting on any event you can in the area you have to use,and it sounds like a fun time. I do think that there is an upside to all the work, for every fricken complainer there is 100 satisfied and very thankful friends.

I too have a pretty extensive knowledge of how these events work as I have many, many hours helping set up and run these events. Many times as the trail bosses right hand man. From mileaging to trail work to checkpoint work etc. etc. I also have extensive experience competing in them, with a few local class championships to show for it. BRAG! BRAG!

Up here, if you miss a course turn your s.o.l. unless of course everyone is missing it! The only time a protest is in order is if there is a rule violation, mileage is off, clock etc..

In the end what ever happens, happens. like you say I'm gonna go ride and have fun at what ever event a club is willing to put on for me and Joe public.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!