View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Boomhauer 1, Ike 0

Just recieved this e-mail from Robby

All,

Thanks for the thoughts! This was my first hurricane and let me tell you it was no fun! I have been in a tornado before and it only lasts a few minutes. The hurricane lasted about 4 or more hours with wind gusts reaching 105 MPH. I was without power from yesterday around 10:00 AM until today around 12:00 PM.

I am lucky as some people like Girard have been without power since Friday evening. Lucky for me I have a generator that I use when I go fishing so I was able to keep my refrigerator on and a fan blowing on me & the dog's to keep us somewhat cool.

I had the chance to take a drive around my neighborhood yesterday and the damage that IKE did is almost more than the human mind can understand. Like I said I felt very luck as my house did not suffer any damage. The house next to me had the shingles on their roof completely blown off.

My wife was in North Carolina visiting her grandmother so she was safe & sound.

Please if you are ever in this type of situation prepare before it happens. So many people thought this was just going to be a "Near Hit" when in reality we got hit hard. I am now counting my blessings!

Thanks,
Robby

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist