Thread: 2015 ec200
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtoe View Post
thanks guys for your advice, I've been trail riding for many years now and had many bikes of all sizes 2t and 4t, I'm mid fifties now, my last bike was a 2011 gasgas ec 300 which I loved, my son has now inherited that, I'm a fairly slow rider , I thought of installing a fly wheel weight on the 200 to may be help it up the hills so I don't have to rev it so much, any thoughts,
Flywheel weights help bikes that have too much bottom end power or are prone to stalling - the 200 has neither of those traits. It will respond better to jetting and gearing for the hills. Suzuki needles (I have a NEDW in my 250) can give better power off idle but proper gearing a 200 is more crucial than on the bigger bikes. If top speeds are not important to you then experiment to see which gearing works best for you on hills and technical trails. I love the hills and 12/48 works great for me on my 250. 13/52 would give the same overall ratio. I would probably run 12/49 or 12/50 if I were on a 200 but remember gearing is highly personal so experiment to see what works best for you.