View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 06:51 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cook View Post
Your positioning and weighting the outside footpeg sounds good to me, although I try to keep both feet on the pegs in the tight woods.
(Weighting the outside footpeg was the only way to keep the old '87 WR430 Husky hooked up when cornering; so I've been doing it a long time. On the GasGas, it all depends on what's happening as to how much weight I put on that outside peg.)
I always lean forward with my crotch up on the tank when I'm in a hurry exiting the turns. My crotch moves up to the tank as I'm hitting the front brake.

I was simply suggesting that you try whacking the throttle open "on the way" to turning the bike (twist the throttle as you go to move the bars), so that it turns faster and gives you a faster exit speed; which gives you a head start towards the next turn. I found it gave me a noticeably higher exit speed when I mastered it. The GasGas bikes amaze me with their ability to turn under power.
Very interesting. I'm going to try this.... In a wide open pasture!

If I think it through in my head it would deweight the front tire and lose traction. But maybe I should stop thinking so much and go for a ride.