View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 10:32 PM

Hey guys, I stand pretty much always, and grip bike with my knees, by doing this you have way better control of the bike without getting arm pump by holding on with your hands, as was said earlier on you can steer the bike with your knees.
As far as control, i feel that you need to keep the front wheel planted to keep the bike going were you want it to go, (to keep it planted for me, if i cant read the front # plate i'm not far enough forward) and proper sus. setup.
And as far as the pegs go I agree with Hamish on weight issue, Picture your bike from behind, now draw a line from the outside of the footpeg to where the tire comes into contact with the ground, then lean the bike over(as if cornering)The line on the upside is your weight pushing the tires into the ground, the line on the downside is your weight pushing the tires sideways, and this works for me, if i want to keep the bike on my line i weight the outside peg, if i want to get the bike to drift through the corner i weight the inside peg
Try going in a staight line and weighting each peg back and forth and see what the bike does, for me it moves the opposite way of the peg i'm weighting.(the rear of the bike)
I hope this helps, but this is what works for me

Last edited by JEEPUSAURUS; 10-28-2008 at 06:42 PM. Reason: missed something