View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 07:45 AM

Yes I'm in Northern NJ. WR250Fs work real well in the nasty stuff here, especially in the rain over challenging terrain. Very easy to hook up and maintain traction. My friend comes out on his '07 with trashed rear knobby and gives me a hard time with my trials tire. I'm a big beleiver in "less is more" for riding/racing in technical terrain. I almost bought a WR250F and thought about getting one in the future as they as so easy to ride.

This does not appear to be a motor development project so don't expect any big bore 300 version. Also I wouldn't expect it to be street legal, even Yamaha has a totally different motor for that. I'm assuming its the WR motor with e-start. If you want a 290F there are a couple kits available for a decent price. Its a safe, cheaper way to get into the 250F market. One thing though, this can't be too expensive or everyone will just buy the Yamaha.

I can't say when I'd be able to buy a new bike, but this would be a top contender. My only issue (a small one) with the '07+ Yamaha WR250F is the seat height, and the GG frame would solve that. My next XRay is 6/10. If I don't get cleared to ride I'm likely sending my '07 and spares down the road and see what happens next year.

Another thought: Could they build a small pilot production run of demo bikes?