View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Read my post again.
I have and it's still not clear! Are you stating fact that the TFI does not change the pulse at startup or making an assumption? There is no reason why the TFI could not operate at 0 revs but I have no idea if it actually does. Let's put that question on the shelf unless we have a definitive answer from measuring or TFI themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
How the ECU works during starting is to continue to increase the enrichment factor (fuel) while cranking if the bike does not fire. I would look into the throttle angle, air bleed, TPS, and check the codes. If the ECU is one that allows trim adjustment, and it is, (open loop, non-emmisions) you should be able to trim it up and down to the point of it stalling from being too rich/lean. I have done this on my Ducati with the open loop race ECU.

One thing I forgot, does that system have an idle air compensation stepper motor valve? I'm too lazy now to look it up myself.
Well if it is supposed to keep enrichening until it fires something is broke on mine and I suspect many others. There is no air compensation stepper on the circuit diagram. What do you suspect - not enough air?

I'm going to try connecting a car battery to test if it spins any faster - was also wondering if the little battery can't supply enough cranking amps. It does seem quite slow turning.