View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 11:38 AM

Default New Goldentyre GT 369KX "Taddy" Gummy Rear Tire

This tire was just released in Europe, I am thinking about buying one for the gasser. and maybe for my RM 250 restoration. Anybody know anything about this tire? From what little I know about Goldentyre, Shinko owned the molds and was building tires for Goldentyre, then Goldentyre lost the access to its compound patent from Gibson Tyres and at the same time Goldentyre and Shinko had a falling out.

Then,Goldentyre developed new tire compounds and started building their tires in Thailand while Shinko, a Japanese company that designs their tires in Japan and manufactures them in South Korea, started selling their 505s, 525s and 216mx 216 Fatty etc.

From the information that I have, it seems the Shinkos really wear out very fast, while the Goldentyres last much longer and even though the Shinkos and Goldentyres look identical, the Goldentyres have a much better compound and much higher quality tire carcass.

Should I pull the trigger on a Goldentyre GT369KX?

https://www.goldentyrewest.com/gt369x-gummy-rear/

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar