View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 06:30 PM

The 369, I bought the X version when GT said it was the replacement for the GT523KX (my all time favorite rear ever). I can tell you I was so disappointed with it. On steep downhills the rear end would try to come around uncontrollably. That was really scary and dangerous on some of the stuff I ride. Braking performance was weak everywhere. Lastly, when cornering it would step out quickly and had no predictability to it. IMO the knobs are just too wide/blocky and don't dig in to the terrain.

The gummy tires are not a one-and-done tire for every rider. Don't be a tire spinner, and don't go locking up the brake and sliding in to corners, and they will last pretty decent. I got over 550 miles out of my GT523KX gummy tire and IMO it was worth every penny.

I haven't had a problem in the worst mud when running the GT216 fatty. Works as good as any other tire in the mud and maybe a little better. Below is a pic showing me trying to figure out the best way through this nasty mud bog. I'm on the right on my GG. I never got stuck in the multitude of mud holes like this one. Ask AZRickD how bad it was as he was there.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Globe mud bog.jpg (125.4 KB, 163 views)
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220

Last edited by SS109; 01-08-2019 at 07:07 AM.