View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 03:14 AM

Default 2005 to 2011 transformation questions

Hi all, been lurking for a while and have a 2005 EC 300 which I purchased the transformation kit for to take it to 2011.

Have read the other transformation threads which has provided some very useful information, particularly on the air box side of things which having read the other threads was actually pretty straight forwards.

So, here is a picture showing where I am up to:

And on to my questions, some of which I am sure are silly, but hey might as well ask:

1. My CDI sat under the tank in a recess in the old airbox - I assume you just move it into the new airbox, but where does it sit and how did you secure it?

2. The mud flap that protects the shock absorber attached to the old airbox by two 6mm bolts (with recessed nuts on the airbox), looking at the new airbox there are just two holes drilled in the plastic - do you just use self tapping screws to secure it?

3. My side stand hits the undertray which can't be normal - any suggestions on how to resolve?

4. The airbox just presses together and is held in place by the subframe - do you seal the joints with anything or just rely on the press fit to keep the worst of the mud/water out?

5. The rear LED brake light has a short lead and connector fitted - is it a special/gas gas connector or a standard one that a car shop would sell? Or do you just chop it off and solder to the existing wiring?

I am sure there will be more, but having got the airbox/boot sorted I feel like I am making good progress.

Cheers.